General Motors LLC ADAS Hardware Design Release Engineer in Albany, New York
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
**Why Work for Us**
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We are building the world's best autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We're hiring great people who want to solve some of today's most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact! Our Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) must navigate some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments.
We are looking for a high-performing Hardware Design Release Engineer who is responsible for releasing the ADAS Compute Platform (ACP). Job duties include supplier management, coordination with internal and external stakeholders, issue resolution and continuous improvement. These ADAS HW engineering projects will best suit an individual who is comfortable performing in a high-paced technology environment where creativity, initiative and independent judgment are involved. Exercises technical direction in collaboration with other engineers and may have work direction responsibilities over a small group with specific engineering objectives.
- DRE for HW Release of ADAS Compute Platform
- Collaborates with Vehicle Component Integration Teams to package the module in vehicles
- Capable of coordinating and driving design for manufacturing initiatives
- Develops component technical specifications as well as statement of requirements and subsystem specifications as required
- Leads product development team meetings
- Leads/handles supplier resident engineers
- Supports sourcing activities
- Primary GM engineering collaborate with the component suppliers
- Knowledge of hardware and software interfaces
- Ensure all vehicle program imperatives (cost, timing, investment, and quality) are met
- Generates technical solutions for current, new and major programs
- Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Develops engineering designs (including subsystems)
- Implements engineering changes
- Initiates documents to provide engineering authority and to maintain math data
- Works with engineering functions, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvements, and to support build programs
- Plans and implements test and/or development programs
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside engineering, such as manufacturing
**Additional Job Description**
- BS in Engineering (Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in Design Release Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in HW design or testing
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- Experience with supplier management
- 5+ years of experience in Design Release Engineering
- Experience with GM Engineering Change Management (ECM) tool
- 5+ years of experience in HW design or testing
- Prior experience in electrical/hardware component design/integration/release
- DFMEA training
- DFSS Certification
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Prior experience in manufacturing
- Prior experience negotiating between parties
- Prior experience outside automotive a plus for fresh perspective
- Prior commercial experience a plus for negotiations with supply base
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statements**
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.