Cree Photolithography Process Engineer in Albany, New York
The primary focus of this position is manufacturing engineering of Photolithography process and equipment in Cree’s state of the art, highly automated, SiC Wafer Fab. The engineering team is expected to sustain and develop processes and equipment to provide consistent device performance, yield, and quality, while also partnering with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions. A successful candidate will join a group focused on improving cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions in the diffusion module.
What can Cree Wolfspeed do for you?
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization.
- Optimize your potential in a high visibility in a $1+ billion company, with great opportunities for career development and progression.
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing semiconductor products company.
- Make a difference at a company committed to making the world a better place with its products and to green business practices.
What can you do for Cree Wolfspeed?
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive process, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Establish relationships across various departments to drive cohesive learning and cross functional problem solving.
- Facilitate and own efforts to drive best in class performance, yield, and quality.
- Present technical data and project updates to peers and management in both casual and formal environment.
- Travel occasionally to various manufacturing sites and vendor sites to learn and share knowledge
- Exhibit strong communication skills to ensure crisp execution on projects with high efficiency and quality.
What you need for success:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- 1-2 years of photolithography experience.
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in Fabrication
- Proficient at technical writing and presentations.
- Experience with Photolithography Steppers/Scanners, TEL tracks, CD and OVL metrology tools.
- Good understanding of fundamentals of optical lithography and capable to define, perform and analyze DOEs for imaging, process window and defectivity improvements.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in Photolithography process development and sustaining in HVM and advanced patterning techniques.
- Strong self-motivation and project management experience.
- Computer programming experience with SQL, JMP, MS Access, or similar database and analysis software.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE).
- Ability to interface with people of different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong track record of effective problem-solving, good engineering judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional team to resolve complex photolithography issues.
- Strong drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have strong sense of competitive urgency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.