Polaris Healthcare Registered Nurse Certified Home Care in Albany, New York
Certified Home Care Company seeking Registered Nurses to assess, plan and deliver UAS or PRI Instruments to patients in their home.
Counties needed: Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer
Full time position is salaried with benefits, generous PTO package, 401k, health insurance, vision, dental
· Current NYS license for registered nursing
· Current driver’s license
· Minimum of one-year clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting preferred.
· NYS UAS Certified and knowledge of UAS completion
· PRI/Screen Certified
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Utilizes knowledge of current nursing practice in assessment of physical and psychological needs of the patient.
· Plans, implements and coordinates UAS/PRI assessments in the patient’s home.
· Carries out physician orders per agency and regulatory requirements and within limits of practice.
· Comprehensive documentation appropriately reflects patient care from admission to discharge utilizing all UAS/PRI assessment tools.
· Participates in the agency’s quality assurance program.
· Serves as case manager in directing multidisciplinary patient’s plan of care.
· Participates in and coordinates documentation of multidisciplinary communication between all appropriate individuals involved in patient’s care.
· Conducts, communicates and documents physician contacts to all appropriate individuals involved in the patient’s care and insurance companies as requested.
· Communicates patient information to manager on a regular basis and as needed as appropriate.
· Notify manager of all scheduling needs for patient visits.
· Provides quality care within guidelines of agency policy and procedures as well as local, state and federal rules and regulations.
· Enhances professional development by participating in seminars, workshops and meetings in accordance with the continuing education requirements established by state licensure/laws of New York State.