Carver Companies Electrician in Altamont, New York
For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on Land & Sea. With locations up and down the east coast, including the Capital District of Upstate NY, Brayton Point in Mass, North Charleston Carver Maritime and Internal Diving Institute in North Charleston, Port Manatee in Florida, and our latest addition - Carver Canada in New Brunswick.
The electrician participates in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repairs of electrical appliances, systems, facilities and related electronic controls of varying design or complexity.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Participates in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repair of electrical appliances, systems, facilities, and related electronic controls and devices by interpreting blueprints, manufacturers' specifications, and written and verbal instructions.
* Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
* Plans and schedules work to ensure timely completion of all assigned projects, ensures adequate space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
* Assists in the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for electrical systems and facilities.
* Trains and instructs new employees.
* Prepares reports and analyses indicating work progress, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
* Two years of formal technical training in the principles of electricity and electrical design.
* High school diploma.
* Two years of journeyman experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures from blueprints, schematics and sketches preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
* State electrician licensure or certification.