Berkshire Farm Center Foster Care Recruiter (Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Program) in Amsterdam, New York
Join Our Mission
The Foster Care Recruiter is responsible for recruiting foster care providers including attending recruitment events, coordinating training and certifying foster homes.
· Recruits new foster parents including completing monthly recruitment plan, scheduling advertising, attending recruitment events and interviewing potential foster parents. May act as a consultant in matching intakes.
· Conducts home inspections to ensure appropriate supervision of youth and/or families including but not limited to discussing age and developmentally appropriate supervision, monitoring level of supervision, addressing and monitoring supervision concern. Ensures physical safety of youth and/or families including conducting safety assessments, providing education and making referrals to community resources when needed.
· Certifies and re-certifies foster family homes in accordance with New York State regulations including the preparation of home studies; monitors homes to ensure they meet Agency and New York State regulations. Completes emergency certifications for identified kinship resources.
· Facilitates trainings including but not limited to Pre-Service training, MAPP/GPS II, CPR/FA, Caring For Our Own, and Deciding Together.
· Facilitates background checks for all foster parent applicants including New York State Child Abuse Central Register Clearances and New York State Department of Criminal Justice criminal record check; maintains FAD database.
· Completes/maintains all case records and required documentation, prepares monthly reports, reconciles and submits invoices in a timely manner.
· Minimum High School diploma/GED required, Bachelors Degree preferred.
· Minimum 1 year work experience preferred.
· Ability to become certified in MAPP/GPSII, CPR/First Aid, Caring For Our Own, and Deciding Together within 6 months.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule with variable hours including day, evening, weekend, holiday and subject to call hours.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Travel is required. Ability to coordinate and plan travel for visits and appointments in efficient manner.
· Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
· Skills: Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to complete reports and paperwork within strict deadlines and timeframes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)