AVStar Fuel Systems, Inc. CNC Swiss Machinist in Auburn, New York
AVStar Fuel Systems is the 21st century leader in the design, manufacture, and overhaul of carburetors and fuel injection systems for general aviation piston engine aircraft. Our company has become a recognized center of excellence in the general aviation fuel system market.
AVStar stands behind its core values -- People, Positive Attitude, Solution Driven, Ownership and Integrity. At AVStar, we aspire to develop individuals to their fullest potential and reward employees based on demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and dedication to the Company's core values.
AVStar NY is currently seeking experienced CNC Swiss Machinists for our Auburn, NY location.
For more information about AVStar, please view our video at www.avstardirect.com.
Candidates must be experienced with setup and operate a variety of CNC Swiss machinery including but not limited to: multi axis turret lathes with sub spindles, Mill Turn machines, up to axis vertical and horizontal milling machines. The CNC Swiss machinist position is multi-tier position covering a broad skillset. This position works closely with quality and other shop personnel and requires excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Levels of Key Responsibilities
Level C Key Responsibilities:
• Operate 4 axis and below Mills and Turning centers
• Efficiently monitor multiple pieces of machinery simultaneously
• Ability to use Mics, Calipers, and simple plate inspection techniques
• Inspect and record critical features on parts using hand tools, surface plates, and comparators
• Ability to read and interpret most blueprint dimensions
• Preset tooling per the tool sheet
Level B Key Responsibilities:
• All level C from above
• Simple setups on 4 axis and below Mills and Turning centers
• Perform simple to semi complicated prove-outs of new programs (4 axis and below)
• Operate 5 axis mills and Mill turn machines
• Operate Swiss machinery
• Use independent judgment to offset tooling and work coordinates
• Operation of CMM for verification
• Minor CNC program edits
Level A Key Responsibilities:
• All from levels B and C above
• Efficient setups on all CNC equipment
• Perform prove-outs efficiently on complicated setups and parts
• Ability to calculate, perform, or suggest complex changes to part programs
• Trainer in mechanical inspection techniques
• Trainer on all CNC equipment
• Demonstrated leader, willing to help others learn and grow
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Swiss Machinist programmer training preferred.
• Ability to communicate well and work cohesively with others
• Proficient with required measuring equipment for respective work performed.
• Excellent math skills.
• Strong knowledge of blueprint reading.
• A clear understanding of feeds, speeds, and tool paths
• Embrace and demonstrate company value.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen as well as periodic random drug screens.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Fundamental knowledge of CNC machining/ manufacturing machining principles.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
• Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude.
• Fundamental knowledge of lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques.
• Possesses interpersonal skills adequate for frequent interface with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement quality, design, or engineering).
Starting Pay: $24.00/hr + depending on experience. In addition, shift differential of $1.00 for 2nd shift and $2.00 for 3rd shift. Applications accepted for all 3 shifts, second and third shift preferred.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-hour shifts
AVStar offers a generous benefits package that includes:
• Health insurance with substantial Company Contribution
• Simple IRA Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• 9 Paid Holidays
To apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/avstardirect/jobs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place