Northwell Health Plumber in Bay Shore, New York
Req Number 003F7K
* * Diagnoses the cause of leaks, pressure failures, valve malfunctions, regulator problems and repairs or replaces defective valves, piping and fittings to restore a system to normal operation.
* * Works from drawings, sketches or verbal instructions to install and modify plumbing systems.
* * Plans sequence, details of operations, material required and time estimated to complete assigned tasks.
* * Performs gas welding, arc welding, braze solder and silver solder with materials consistent with the plumbing trade.
* * Maintains records of repairs made and preventative maintenance performed.
*Maintains, repairs, replaces and installs sinks, faucets, water closets, water coolers, kitchen equipment and other equipment consistent with the plumbing trade.
- Performs and completes assigned tasks utilizing necessary tools, pipe threaders, pipe cutters, reamers, power drain cleaners and other power tools
- Maintains, repairs, replaces and calibrates all HVAC pneumatic and electrical controls and equipment
- Ability to diagnose and repair problems to steam, water, oil, sewage, and all pumps and associated equipment.
- Diagnoses and repairs problems to low pressure boilers, boiler safety devices and call controls.
- Troubleshoots and repairs difficulties to hot water and chilled water circulating systems.
- Maintains, repairs and replaces steam traps, steam valves and other devices related to the steam cycle and network.
- Maintains and repairs air handling equipment including filters, dampers, coils, registers and duct work.
- Maintains storeroom, maintenance shop, and assigned work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
Performs other department duties, as directed.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum of five (5) years experience as a journeyman plumber in a hospital, industrial plant or similar institution
- Northwell Health Jobs