Northwell Health Third Cook in Bay Shore, New York
Req Number 35670
Performs various cooking duties for the tray line and follows HACCP guidelines regarding food safety. Follows standardized recipes. Monitors food temperatures and ensures overall sanitation of the cooking area, cooks refrigerator and oven. Assists in menu planning and special catered functions.
- Responsible for food preparation and presentation in the hot food area.
- Prepares foods following standardized recipes
- Operates cooking equipment and responsible for the hot food area.Reports any malfunctioning equipment to the Manager.
- Orders needed supplies for production and service for assigned area.
- Records overages and shortages based upon patient census.
- Follows all food safety precautions and monitors food temperatures during production, rotation and organization, following HACCP guidelines.
- Assists in preparing for special catered functions.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Graduate of vocational high school (major in food preparation), preferred.
Degree from an accredited Culinary Institution, preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year experience preparing large quantities of food or two (2) years applicable apprentice training.
Previous experience as a short order cook in an institutional or business environment, required.
Able to read, write and comprehend English, required.
- Northwell Health Jobs