Shepherd Search Group Assistant Director of Clinical Services, LCSW in Binghamton, New York
We are working with a child welfare organization with over 100 programs and services throughout New York State, meeting families where they need it most; in their homes and communities. Led by a passionate and ambitious CEO, dedicated to child welfare in New York State and where 97% of the employees believe they are doing what matters. Come join a growing a progressive team with opportunities for career advancement.
The Assistant Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the overall leadership of the clinical components of agency statewide programming. This position oversees all supervisory functions of the clinical staff and ensures clinical services are consistent with Agency mission, vision and values and is responsible for implementing statewide clinical programs which provide the best outcomes for youth and families.
• Ensures children and families receive high quality clinical services at frequencies consistent with treatment goals, state mandates, regulatory agencies and Berkshire Farm Center agency policy.
• Responsible for supervising and directing the clinical staff, reviewing clinical assessments, reports, up to and including providing supervision hours for Clinicians working towards their LCSW or LMHC.
• Accountable for attending necessary agency meetings, facilitating meeting with clinical staff and meetings with external stakeholders.
• Coordinating and/or conducting staff training and development, performance evaluations, directing and assigning work, approve time cards and time off requests, new hire orientation/onboarding and work directly with HR on recommendations regarding recruitment/hiring, employee relations issues, promotion and demotions.
• Provides on-call administrative oversight when necessary.
• Systematically monitors clinician results amongst expectations and will be responsible for implementing a corrective action plan, when necessary, including developing systems for tracking reports and other clinical requirements.
• Oversees, monitors and ensures clinical staff compliance with treatment, required paperwork and system deadlines. Reviews and signs off on all required paperwork, manually and electronically.
• LCSW with 3 years experience working with children. Two years supervisory experience
preferred. Spanish language skills preferred.
• Must have a clean and valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Regional/Local travel is required approximately 50% for the position, to check on the 5 reports to the position
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
• Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
• Skills: demonstrated decision making, organizational and communication skills including attention to detail, oral and written communication skills, and listening and training skills.