Shumaker Consulting Engineering and Land Surveying, D.P.C. CIVIL SITE / TRANSPORTATION PROJECT ENGINEER in Binghamton, New York
Shumaker Consulting Engineering and Land Surveying, D.P.C. is seeking a Project Engineer. The candidate will lead, supervise, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of civil/site, transportation, and/or solar site development projects.
• Supervises or coordinates the work of design engineers, draftspersons, technicians, and others who assist in projects, assignments & tasks.
• Keep project tasks on schedule to meet deadlines.
• Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, and extensive project coordination.
• Write Technical and Design Report Documents.
• Review and markup plan sets and quantity estimates, back check revisions.
• Assist in preparing project scopes and budgets.
• Interact with clients, customers, officials, and contractors.
• Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of NY or ability to obtain licensure in New York State within 6 months required
• Valid Driver License
• BS Engineering from an accredited four year college
• 5+ years of experience
• Experience with Transportation & Highway Design Knowledge of NYSDOT and/or NYSTA, and local municipal transportation infrastructure or civil/site design experience.
• Microstation & Inroads or AutoCAD experience required
• Project management experience including budget and schedule monitoring and control responsibilities desired, but not required
• Effective communication skills
• Highly detailed & goal oriented
• 401k Match Program
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life/LTD Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick/Personal Leave
• Paid Vacation
• Flexible work schedule
• Tuition Reimbursement
Contact - Phone: (607) 798-8081
Shumaker will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization. Individual applicant must already possess authorization to work in the US.