Bergmann Associates, Architects, Engineers, Landscape Architects & Surveyors, D.P.C. Solar Design Engineer in Binghamton, New York
We're looking for a Solar Design Engineer to join #TeamBergmann!
What You'll Be Doing: The Solar Design Engineer is involved in the application of Electrical Engineering technical principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields for technical support to project teams within the Energy + Environment Practice.
Our Design Engineer will be working in the Electrical Engineering field, including creating site layouts, three-lines, AC & DC system designs, protection schemes, interconnection coordination, and production modeling.
Who We're Looking For: Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor Degree with 3 or more years' experience in the Electrical Engineering field. Candidates must have an NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification and have expert level skills in AutoCAD, Helioscope, and PVSyst. All candidates must have knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and be able to work autonomously on multiple PV design projects. The Solar Design Engineer is required to lift up to 50lbs of equipment and walk long distances on hilly terrain during all seasons.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
Experience with Helioscope
Experience with PVSyst.
Expert level skills in AutoCAD
Strong technical writing & reporting skills
Extensive knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
A team mindset
Able to learn and work independently
Experience in the Electrical Engineering field performing PV design work for projects 5MW and larger.
Our Solar Design Engineers also:
* Prepares detailed electrical drawings for PV systems from concept to construction. This includes site layouts, three-lines, protection schemes, and DC & AC system design.
* Create and run system performance models
* Makes decisions independently regarding Electrical Engineering complexities and methods
* Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests, etc. in order to plan, design and implement a project
* Prepares and modifies PV electrical designs, specifications, Site Plans, and schedules for projects based on site constraints such as environmental, permitting, and utility requirements.
* Interpret and implement utility specific design requirements
* Prepare interconnection packages and interpret utility reports
* Proficient in the National Electric Code (NEC) Regulations
* Adheres to Bergmann Quality Assurance Program
* Coordinates and collaborates with other design and technical professionals who are part of the project team to create a cohesive design set
* Assists in Developing construction cost estimates
* Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects
* Required to perform field inspections, research, and measurements.
* Attends client meetings
* May serve as onsite project representative
* Travel for projects is anticipated to be approximately 5% of position and applicant should be willing and able to travel
* Previous experience with solar projects is requirement
All other duties as assigned. We won't ask you to do anything way outside your scope, but we are one #TeamBergmann, so "Not my job" is not an option!
AA/EEO including Veterans and Disabled.
EEO/AAP including Veterans and Disabled