Samaritan Daytop Village Case Manager -Tues-Sat 9am to 5pm; Tues 11am to 7pm in Bronx, New York
At Samaritan Daytop Village, we serve over 33,000 New Yorkers annually within your neighborhoods and communities so our success depends on those we employ. Samaritan Daytop Village has grown into one of New York’s largest as well as a nationally recognized comprehensive Health and Human Services Agency, with over 60 programs across New York City and greater New York Area. Samaritan Daytop Village offers opportunities for a meaningful and challenging career in the health and human services field. We are looking for proactive, team-oriented employees to join our organization. Join us so you can connect and learn about why you’d make a great addition to the Samaritan family! Samaritan Daytop Village: Where Good Lives™
We are currently seeking Case Managers, preferably with shelter experience with to join our transitional housing team within in the Brooklyn.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for (1) aid clients requiring social service assistance; (2) in collaboration with clients; interview and evaluate clients and formulate Independent Living Plans; (3) locate
and make use of appropriate community resources for clients; and (4) relocate clients to permanent housing.
What qualifications do you need?
• High School Diploma or equivalency and 5+ years case management experience OR Associate’s Degree and 3+ years case management experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years case management experience.
• Current or prior experience working with homeless population i.e. Men/Women/Families in a DHS Single or Family Shelter as a Case Manager required for designated agency programs.
• Ability to consistently maintain required documentation.
• Working knowledge of NYC diverse network of community resources.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must demonstrate sensitivity to needs of clients in crisis. • Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and EHR.
• Knowledge of DHS CARES Software a plus.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or other related field.
• Ability in understanding challenges facing the homeless population.
What we can do for you:
Work that makes a difference and impact your community
Experienced leadership and supervision towards license/certifications
We also offer
Generous Paid Time Off- minimum 15 vacation, 12 sick, 2 personal days plus 10 paid holidays for eligible employees
Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
401k Pension and Profit-Sharing Plan
Voluntary Programs: Enhanced STD / Critical Illness / Accidental Injury / Universal Life / Hospital Indemnity
Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits Accounts
Employer paid short-term & long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance
Employee Assistance Program