Cayuga Centers Clinician - UC in Bronx, New York
To provide short-term, trauma-sensitive treatment planning and delivery for all UC. The Clinician will also provide assessment to these assigned youth while maintaining professionalism in all areas, including confidentiality.
- Provide individual therapy and group counseling to youth.
- Administer required behavioral and mental health assessments for youth.
- Carry a caseload up to twelve youth, ages range from 3-17.5 years.
- Coordinate services for each youth in conjunction with case manager.
- Provide therapy during traditional and non-traditional hours including weekends and evenings.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call phone availability for program youth and foster parents.
- Attend weekly clinical team meetings.
- Attend weekly staffing meetings.
- Attend weekly group therapy sessions.
- Provide record keeping and documentation for all clinical activities (case documentation).
* HOURS PER WEEK:* Exempt.
- Regular hours entail 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs.
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
Experience and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in social work or related field. LMSW, LMHC preferred or eligible for limited permit.
- One year of postgraduate direct service delivery experience preferred.
- Experience with a strength based, cognitive behavioral, and trauma sensitive approach to treating troubled youth preferred.
- Strong proficiency with completing the administrative components of treatment (case documentation) required.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner
- Ability to work well with people from many cultures including recent immigrants, non-English speakers, and LGBTQ children.
- Bi-lingual - English-Spanish required. All agency documents and records are in English, so English writing proficiency required. Position itself requires Spanish speaking, writing, and reading proficiency.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License preferred.
- Ability to travel to other agency locations as required.
* PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:*
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, etc.: This involves sitting at a computer for several hours a day
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying and stapling
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Sit/ride in vehicles, busses, subways, trains, planes - public transportation for lengthy periods of time
- Walk up/down stairs
- Walk to enter/exit subway and other public transportation
- Walk several blocks to get to required location
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. **
Job Tracking ID: 512690-766683
Job Location: Bronx, NY
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Level of Education: Masters Degree
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: April 08, 2021
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: ASAP