Acacia Network Director of Nursing in Bronx, New York
Director of Nursing Bronx, NY : 7/22/2021
Casa Promesa Nursing Home is a 108-bed, 24/7 skilled nursing residential healthcare facility providing integrated, bilingual services to adults, 18 years and above, diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. This unique and comprehensive program ensures rapid stabilization with a goal of recovery and wellness.
The Director of Nursing assumes 24 hour responsibility for the organization, management, leadership, strategic planning, financial stability and functioning of the Nursing Services under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Skilled Nursing and Senior Services. This position is in strong collaboration with the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President of Skilled Nursing and Senior Services, Medical Director, and Senior Vice President of Administration. The Director of Nursing oversees quality of the operations of the Nursing Department. This includes the supervision and the compliance of the Certified Nurse Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Registered Nurses. The Director of Nursing will collaborate with the Casa Promesa leadership team to ensure quality resident care is provided and consistent standards of nursing care are practiced throughout the facility. The Director will provide guidance to the Nurse Managers for the supervision of Nursing Staff. The salary is $120-130K/year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Oversees the development, management, and the daily operations of the Nursing Services Department.
· Oversees the development, maintenance and evaluation of all policies, procedures, standards and programs for the Nursing Services to achieve maximum benefits to the residents within available resources as well as being in compliance with all regulatory requirements
· The Director of Nursing will author Nursing/Clinical Care Policies and Procedures as needed and required by the NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH), Acacia Network, FDNY, or any other governing agency for compliance purposes.
· Participates in all admission decisions.
· Ensures all Electronic Medical Records (EMR) are in compliance with fully documented status updates for all patients.
· Ensures appropriate staffing levels of nursing personnel are maintained throughout the facility for all shifts.
· Collaborates with the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President and the Assistant Vice President for necessary equipment and items that need to be included in the capital budget for the Nursing Services Department.
· Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, personnel or resident complaints and concerns.
· Provides assistance to the Nurse Managers in monitoring the position controls for each nursing unit.
· Director of Nursing will conduct monthly In-Services for all staff and as needed for Nursing Department to remain in compliance with the NYSDOH.
· Performs rounds. Ensures delivery of compassionate qualify care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on units, absence of orders, general cleanliness and prevention of pressure wounds.
· Demonstrates knowledge of quality indicators and implements system to achieve and/or surpass thresholds.
· Exercises overall supervision of resident assessments and care plans.
· Reviews 24-hour report from every unit daily and ensures timely, effective responses to significant changes in condition, transfers, discharges, use of restraints, unexplained injuries, falls, behavioral episodes, and medication errors.
· Collaborates and coordinates with the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President and the Assistant Vice President in the planning and implementation of new projects as well as short and long-term goals for the Nursing Services Department.
· Develops, monitors and supervises the nursing standards of care for the provision of care to the resident
· Educates the nursing staff regarding expected standards of care.
· Conducts monthly supervision with documentation with all Nursing Managers and submits the supervision report to the Assistant Vice President, Skilled Nursing for review and discussion.
· Participates on committees assigned by the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President and the Assistant Vice President (i.e., Co-Chairs – Infection Control Committee)
· Acts as a resource person and role model for the staff and Nurse Managers/Supervisors.
· Works alternate Saturdays and/or Sundays, as needed, to ensure weekend supervision.
· Conducts meetings with all shifts (morning, evening, overnight, and weekend) on a monthly basis. Will update Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President, Assistant Vice President, and Medical Director on all matters.
· Acts as a liaison between the Union 1199 and the Acacia Network Department, will bring forth all nursing issues to the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President and Assistant Vice President for immediate resolution.
· Participates in facility-wide PI activities; approves, coordinates and analyzes Nursing Dept. PI activities and data.
· Will work closely with the Registered Dietician and CMS Coordinator for optimal care and service for the residents. Will monitor CMS referral system and make recommendations.
· Submits data, graphs, charts, and case studies for the Quarterly Board Report to the Administrative Assistant on a monthly basis.
· Assists the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator/Vice President and Assistant Vice President in the initiation and updating of the comprehensive assessment and care planning process in conjunction with the Nursing In-Service Instructor.
· Plans and collaborates with the Nurse Managers to foster and integrated approach to resident care, overseeing the functions of the Comprehensive Care Planning Team.
· Supports the goals, objectives and mission statement set forth by the Board of Directors and the Administration of the facility
· Assumes responsibility as the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator and acts as his/her designee as necessary.
· Prepares reports as requested by the Administrator and participates in assigned projects with community partners and external agents.
· Attends and participates in seminars and continuing education programs to expand knowledge of current trends in the nursing profession and in the health care field.
· Participates in Outreach meetings, health fairs, and workshops.
· Participates in the recruitment and interview process of prospective nursing applicants.
· Completes Human Resource documents for processing new nursing staff.
· Reviews and evaluates performance appraisals of the nursing staff on an introductory basis and on an annual basis per the Acacia Network Human Resources guidelines and policies. Implements discipline according to operational policies.
· Manages and enters the data for the Nursing Department in the ADP Payroll System.
· Current and unrestricted license as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required from an accredited school of nursing; Master’s Degree preferred.
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Current Infection Control certification (NYS Mandated, DOH approved 4.0 hours, valid for 4 years).
· Must obtain FDNY Oxygen Storage & Use Certification G-46 within 90 days of hire.
· Must obtain PICC Line Certification in NYC within 90 days of hire
· Minimum of five (5) years leadership and supervisory experience in long term care preferred.
· Hospital and Nursing experience in a clinical/managerial setting required.
· Experience with HIV/AIDS services and substance abuse programs preferred.
· Membership in professional organizations is preferred.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Willing to complete weekly Covid-19 swab tests, and daily temperature checks, etc..
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer