The New York Foundling Registered Nurse - Einstein Loop (Bronx | 21 Hours/Week | Part-Time) in Bronx, New York
Bronx, NY, USA
- Assessment of the medical needs of the individuals, plans intervention, and evaluates outcome of care and performs treatments and special medical care as mandated.
- Coordinates with other medical providers regarding care management.
- Responsible for monitoring medical care of individuals.
- Provide medical consultation regarding individual medical needs through 24 x 7 telephone tri-age
- Provide telephone triage to agency’s staff
- Provides or assists all activities of daily living for individuals. i.e. adequate intake of food and fluids, bathing, dressing, bowel and bladder care/toileting, oral/nasal hygiene, skin care and grooming
- Administers medication
- Provides AMAP certifications and re-certification classes for IRA staff.
- Monitors and provide supervision to all AMAP certified staff.
- Provides supervision of nutrition issues including assisting staff with menu preparation. Coordinates with dietician.
- Coordinates medical services with Residence, Schools, and Day Services.
- Attends in-service to maintain current knowledge and trends in developmentally disabilities and medical care.
- Implements plan of care as outlined in each individuals medical profile including positioning, play, feeding techniques, behavior modification and attention to ADL skills.
- Provides in-service training on medical issues as required.
- Record monthly individual progress notes for each individuals
- Complete job related tasks as needed
- BSN preferred, ASN accepted
- Updated First Aid/CPR certifications required
- 2-3 years working with adults that has developmental disabilities.
- Completion of mandated course: Infection Control, Abuse/Incident Reporting
Associates' Level Degree or better in Nursing
Bachelor's Level Degree or better in Nursing
2 years:Nursing experience
2-3 years:working with adults that has developmental disabilities.
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Prof. Nurse
Posted: February 23, 2021