Albert Einstein College of Medicine Study Coordinator in Bronx, New York
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 2020-13229
Campus Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
Posting Date 2021-01-12
Employee Classification Exempt
Department Medicine - Infectious Diseases
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the enrollment and monitoring of patients under direction of the Project Manager and PI
- Maintains required study source documentation
- Ensures that required labs and diagnostic procedures are ordered, done and followed
- Ensures that all non-serious and serious adverse events, protocol deviations are properly documented and reported
- Supports the safety of clinical research patients/research participants
- Completes and maintains case reports forms in a timely manner, reviews them against the patient's medical record for completeness and accuracy and addresses queries
- Schedules outpatient study visits and follow-up care with CRC
- Oversees all data entry, data verifications, and resolution of data edits
- Oversees and track activities utilizing data management spreadsheet, Epic information and data analysis
- Coordinates specimen collection, transport, storage and processing
- Assists with preparing IRB documents for submission
- Assists in the preparation for regulatory agency site visits
- Must comply with Institutional policies, federal, state, and sponsor policies and adhere to IRB approved protocols and SOPS
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor's Degree in public health, clinical epidemiology or related field is required
- At least 2 years of experience coordinating research activities (e.g. conducting interviews, biological specimen management, extracting medical records, enrolling and consenting patients)
- Experience with CTMS, Epic, Velos or other database management systems preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Must be a team player and have ability to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, clinical study staff, and patients.
- Firm understanding of good clinical practice (GCP) , HIPAA and other regulatory compliance
Strong computer skills, including MS Excel. MS Access and SAS are preferred. Knowledge of biostatistics, epidemiology and study design preferred.
A team of researchers in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Albert Einstein College of Medicine has been conducting clinical research aimed at investigating the use of convalescent plasma in COVID-19 positive patients to understand its efficacy and safety. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly-organized person to join our team.
The Study Coordinator, under the direction of the Principal Investigator, is primarily responsible for supporting, facilitating and coordination of the daily clinical trial activities in the conduct of the study. Coordinates all clinical research activities with moderate supervision from Clinicians, Senior Research Coordinator and other senior research study members.