The Jewish Board 6633A | Behavioral Health Clinician in Brooklyn, New York
Make a bigger difference
The Behavioral Health Clinician is responsible for supplyingnecessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Short and long-termclinical treatment with young children (ages 0-8) and their families, includingindividual, dyadic/family and group therapy.
- Maintaining accurate andup-to-date case records, e.g. progress notes, assessments and treatment plans, statistics, and other documentation as required by JBFCS and other governmental licensing and funding entities.
- Support to families, including case coordination and navigation of various city systems, including but not limited to The Committee on Preschool Special Education.
- Crisis intervention when indicated as part of the treatment.
- Attend required meetings and training.
- Participate as a member of the treatment team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
LMSW, LMHC, LCAT or Limited Permit/Licensed Psychologist.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE (List what the desire to reach goals):
- Experience working with children andfamilies is required; experience working with young children and families ispreferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of orexperience working with Early Intervention, Committee on Preschool SpecialEducation, Foster Care, ACS
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Misc Professionals
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8854 - Health Care - Professional Svcs - Traveling
- Required Education Master's Degree