Volunteers of America-Greater New York, Inc. Case Manager (BSH411) in Brooklyn, New York
Case Manager (BSH411)
Brooklyn, NY, USA Req #434
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the city's poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families - including veterans - experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge®, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organization's responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New York's programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack® is the organization's signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter "home" has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
The Case Manager is a key provider of services within Volunteers of America's Case Management Model. The Case Manager works with the client to assess their strengths and needs, plan a course of action, link the client to services, counsel the client and monitor progress. S/he must assure that clients receive appropriate, competent and professional information and advice, referrals and advocacy services to achieve successful outcomes. May include supervision of direct care staff.
The position requires a bachelor's degree or 60 college credits plus two years relevant experience. The position also requires a demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication, including basic computer skills.
1. Manage the client intake and assessment process to orient the client to the program and produce a comprehensive assessment of client service needs.
2. Develop with the client a mutually agreed-upon individual service plan reflecting assessment findings goals. Update the plan with the client as required.
3. Meet regularly with the client to assist him/her in obtaining needed services/benefits to achieve their individual service plan goals. Provide supportive counseling to strengthen his/her ability to make appropriate life decisions.
4. Document case management activities in accordance with agency and funder guidelines and procedures. Collect service data and participate in evaluation and quality assurance activities.
5. Perform related tasks as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. The client is informed of his/her rights and responsibilities as a participant in the program as well as the goals and workings of the case management program. A comprehensive assessment is developed.
2. The client is provided with an appropriate and current individual service plan.
3. The client participates in meetings for the purpose of achieving his/her service goals.
4. Case management services are well documented and quality assurance activities provide continuous improvement of services. Funding agency documentation and reporting requirements are fully met.
5. Related tasks are performed completely, on time and accurately.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Brooklyn, NY, USA