Whole Foods Market Overnight Grocery Team Member (Stocker, Inventory, Receiving) - Full Time in Brooklyn, New York
Job DescriptionTeam Members will have the exciting opportunity to be cross-trained and work throughout various departments, constantly learning about new products and areas of the store.
● Provide exceptional customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
● Will be cross-trained and work in multiple areas throughout the store, which may include cashiering.
● Process customer purchases, returns and credits.
● Ensure that all shelves and displays are properly stocked and front facing.
● Rotate products and remove out-of-date products.
● Maintain and support proper (Electronic Shelf Label) signage throughout the store.
● Be aware of new products and their placement.
● Ensure the highest retail standards are being met.
● Follow all 365 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
● Participate in fiscal period and quarter end inventories.
● Communicate all pertinent information to leadership. Establish and maintain a collaborative and productive working relationship with Store Leadership, Team Leaders, Floor Leads, fellow Team Members, support partners, customers and vendors.
● Stay informed on all company and store level information from leadership.
● Model 365 by Whole Foods Market vision and goals.
● Have a level of knowledge/awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
● Complete all trainings and focus on increasing product knowledge. Maintain awareness of new products and promotions.
● Maintain a positive work environment.
● Use courteous and proper phone etiquette when answering the phones and pages.
● Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
● Support overall store cleanliness and maintenance. Follow established food safety, organics, and cleaning and maintenance guidelines and procedures. Resolve all hazards or violations immediately.
● Work all shifts as scheduled.
● Attend all meetings as assigned by Leadership, including daily huddles.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
● Basic computer skills
● Proactive problem-solver with excellent follow-through and listening skills
● Clear and effective communication style, both written and verbal
● Thorough knowledge of products throughout the store or the ability to learn them quickly
● Ability to follow instructions and procedures Skilled in working in a fast paced, evolving environment with a strong ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and complete tasks in a thorough and timely manner
● Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with individuals in positions throughout various levels of the business
● Supports the 365 culture and is an example of Whole Foods Market’s Core Values Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility
● Proven experience meeting all customer service expectations and standards when interacting with customers, vendors and fellow Team Members
● Proper use of, which may include but not limited to, knives, personal protective equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, six wheel carts, baler (must be 18 years of age or older) and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and store
● Able to perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
● Desire to be a part of a new, exciting brand
Desired Work Experiences
● Prior retail, restaurant or hospitality experience is preferred
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate - about great food, about the communities they live in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
Learn more about careers at Whole Foods Market here (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/careers) !
Privacy Notice (http://careers.wholefoodsmarket.com/global/en/privacy-notice)