Edison HHC Register Nurse in Brooklyn, New York
Edison Home Health Care is a leading established Home Health Care Agency, servicing patients in all 5 NYC boroughs. We are currently looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to be our RN Educator.
Reports to: DPS/Director of Clinical Operations/Administrator
Position Summary: Full time Position
· NYS Licensed and currently registered as a Registered Professional Nurse.
· Graduate of an approved school of nursing and holds a Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate Degree.
· 2-3 year experience in the provision of nursing care in an acute care facility. One year of satisfactory Nursing experience in Home Care, desired.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before customers/patients or employees of the agency.
· Ability to perform mathematical operations as related to medication calculations, units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
· Good Organizational writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching In-Service classes as needed
Updating the IN-Service Content as needed
Conducting a TB Screening Questionnaire
Signing off on TB screenings
Completing patient discharges
Reviewing Health Assessment
Signing off on Health Assessment
Auditing Patient Files
Dealing with incidents/complaints
Communicating with contracts as needed
Conducting RN orientation and ongoing training
Communicating with DPS and Director of Clinical Operations as needed
Other tasks instructed by DPS or Director of Clinical Operations
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.