The Jewish Board RN Case Manager in Brooklyn, New York
Make a bigger difference
RN CASE MANAGER POSITION- FULL TIME AT MISHKON
The RN Case Manager is the direct link between medical services and the ICF residents and staff as well as clinical professionals outside of the agency. The RN Case manager is responsible for the complete nursing care and performance of all routine medical procedures within the scope of the nursing practice. The RN case manager supervises AMAP and Direct Support Professionals in the performance of nursing tasks and activities. The RN must learn and follow rules and regulations of OPWDD and The Jewish Board policies and procedures. The RN must be capable of supervising, understanding and working effectively with a diverse population.
- Provide direct nursing care as prescribed by the physician/Nurse Practioner incompliance with recognized nursing standards and State and Federal regulations.
- Develop and implement an individualized plan for nursing services. The plan must be updated at least annually or whenever there is a significant change in the consumer's condition
- make continuing assessments of the individuals total health needs.
- direct physical examination upon entry and thereafter a minimum of quarterly on all individuals
- Monitor health and behavioral status, labs and efficacy of prescribed treatments. Ensure timely communication of findings to appropriate clinical personnel
- Maintain direct interaction with the individuals on a regular basis, a minimum of one time per week
- Coordinate all acute and ongoing health services, as indicated by need and regulatory mandate
- Ensure all medical record documentation using an EHR is accurate, timely and outcome based and reflected in the nursing notes
- Provide initial and ongoing, but at a minimum frequency of annually, training of staff in all nursing tasks, function, protective and preventive health measures. Maintain accurate records of trainings, curricula, attendance and post-test.
- 10. Active participant in IDT, on call availability
- 11. Other duties as assigned
NYS active, unrestricted Registered Professional Nursing license. Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience as part of a clinical team in a hospital or primary care setting. Knowledge of and/or experience with the developmental disabilities population preferred. Managerial experience preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft office suite application. Must be able to work independently and possess sound independent judgment and decision making.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8854 - Health Care - Professional Svcs - Traveling
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree