SolarCity Production Control, Process Technician in Buffalo, New York
Production Control (PC) Process Technician
Production Control (PC) Process Technicians are responsible for optimizing material flow and storage within the factory. Through continuous improvement, lean thinking, and data-driven decision making you will to create safe and sustainable process improvements to drive cost savings; projects include configuring internal order fulfillment systems, managing material warehouses, designing material delivery processes, and managing material changeovers. This role is based in Buffalo, NY and directly supports Tesla's Solar Roof and Power Electronic programs.
* Design and lead the implementation of new PC technical processes.
* Manage multiple projects, clearly communicating statuses, timelines, and objectives both within PC and to other departments.
* Support and monitor key department metrics and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Maintain internal MRP technical systems as subject matter experts.
* Coordinate physical introduction of new material into production on schedule with implementation dates.
* Support excess & obsolescence materials management with inventory control and material planning teams.
* Operate as an agent of change: act as source of information relating to changes for members of other teams.
Desired Skillset / Requirements:
* Basic understanding of warehousing, conveyance, and inventory compliance processes
* A proactive approach to problem solving in an ambiguous environment
* Time and workload management: can accomplish work with minimal supervision
* Excellent interpersonal, math, and written/verbal communication skills
* Strong attention to detail and work ethic
* Ability to lift 30lbs whenever project work demands it
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
* SQL experience (preferred)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.