Corning Incorporated Forming Process Engineering Technician in Canton, New York
Forming Process Engineering Technician
- Please wait...
Date: May 6, 2022
Location: Canton, NY, US, 13617
Scope of Position:
Support engineering efforts around continuous improvement of glass quality and implementation of solutions to manufacturing issues.
Must be a US citizen.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support engineers with their daily duties and responsibilities.
• Attend process engineering and/or production-related meetings.
• Develop and support procedures, documentation, & audits.
• Provide training as necessary.
• Track and communicate key metrics.
• Gather and enter data into spreadsheets for analysis; make graphs for review and to draw conclusions on performance.
• Troubleshoot quality issues to determine root cause and implement solutions.
• Work with union employees to get feedback on implemented improvements.
• Actively participate on a Safety related team or program.
• Minimal U.S. Travel.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Monday through Friday with very infrequent weekend days possible. 40 hours a week plus overtime up to 10 hours per week (dependent on business needs).
Required Years and Area of Experience (minimum required for consideration) :
• 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience.
Required Skills / Experience:
• 2 years minimum working in a manufacturing or technical field.
• Willingness to learn and take daily direction.
• Technical background and/or experiences.
• Strong familiarity with equipment; mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision (can plan / organize activities based on objectives)
• Experience with MS Office; particularly Excel
Desired Skills / Experience
• Proven organizational skills.
• Familiarity in working in a union environment.
• Self-starter who takes initiative.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and take direction from multiple engineers.
Nearest Major Market: Massena
- Please wait...
- Corning Incorporated Jobs