Global, a 1st Flagship Company On- Call Registered Nurse in Cassadaga, New York
**Global, a 1st Flagship Company**
**Job ID:** 2021-4325
**Address:** 8115 Glasgow Road
**Category:** Health & Wellness
**Schedule Hours:** No set schedule or hours
**Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.**
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our **Core Values** of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The **Registered Nurse** is assists in the medical assessment and treatment of students.
- Conducts cursory examinations of all new students.
- Conducts evaluation and treatment of students during daily sick call as per Job Corps Standing Orders.
- Measures and records student vital signs, conduct cursory hearing and vision exams. Obtain and test urine, PPD's and serum samples utilizing department equipment per policy.
- Performs phlebotomy procedures as required. Develop a working knowledge of the CDC Laboratory computer system and testing procedures per National Job Corps protocol.
- Administers specified medications and notes times and amounts on patients' charts. Assists in counting and maintaining narcotic medication logs. Observes students and report adverse reactions to medication to Health and Wellness Manager.
- Schedules medical appointments for on center and community appointments.
- Assist with Chronic Care Management Plans and Accommodations Plans in the CIS System.
- Serves as Co-Disability Coordinator, managing and providing medical accommodations to students.
- Support HEALS Committee and Activities.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
**Minimum**: High school graduate plus State RN license + one year experience. Model company Core Values
**Preferred**: Minimum plus Job Corps or medical clinic experience.
**Knowledge Required:** Sound nursing techniques.
Ability to relate effectively to student population.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Good organizational skills.
Ability to carry out instructions without constant supervision.
Must maintain CPR/First Aid certificates.
**All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.**
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.