SB Clinical Practice Management Plan Front Desk/Medical Receptionist in Commack, New York
Per Diem Front Desk/Medical Receptionist - Stony Brook CPMP Administration
Location: Commack, NY
Schedule: Per Diem
Days/Hours: As need: Monday through Friday - 8:00am-7:00pm (Varies) and alternating Saturdays 8:00am-2:00pm
SUMMARY: The medical receptionist will assist the department with coordination of the daily operations of the front desk, and other duties to ensure efficient work flow and patient care.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
• Perform all necessary receptionist duties including answering, screening, and routing of phone calls. Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages. Be polite and courteous at all times.
• Assess telephone calls, including determining urgency of calls and referring urgent medical queries to physician or nurse immediately.
• Maintain clean and organized reception area.
• Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and/or other systems for check-in/check-out processes including verifying patient demographics, insurance information, obtaining patient signatures on applicable patient forms, and have the patient complete any paperwork associated with the visit.
• Enter/scan patient data into the EMR.
• Collect any necessary payments and process accordingly.
• Facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, delays or backlogs and communicate with other staff and/or patients as necessary.
• Schedule patient appointments and remind the patients of any necessary documentation that may be required for their appointment.
• Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
• Obtain/retrieve referrals/authorizations/eligibility verification that may be required.
• Telephone patients if there is a change in the physician’s schedule and/or if the patient’s appointment needs to be rescheduled.
• Keep office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs and placing orders or advising office manager of items needed.
• Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
• Provide additional coverage for night hours and weekend, as needed. Updating and maintaining integrity of client information.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education & Qualifications:
• High School diploma/GED.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Office Administration program in lieu of at least 6 months of prior experience working as a Medical Receptionist in a high volume physician practice is preferred. Minimum of 1 years of clerical experience is required in lieu of program requirements.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
• Must have general knowledge of clerical practices and clinical procedures. Must have basic computer skills, including emailing and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must have excellent organization skills.
• Must have superior written and expressive communication skills.
• Must have ability to work as an efficient team member.
• Proficient in using an EMR and a practice management system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with patients, staff and medical providers. The employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. This position is largely sedentary and requires the employee to remain stationary for a majority of the day. The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of CPMP.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
CPMP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CPMP expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of CPMP’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
External Company Name: SB Clinical Practice Management