Kelly Services Quality Assurance Production Inspector in Commack, New York
Quality Assurance Production Inspector
Our valued client located in Hauppauge, NY is a manufacturer of Dietary Supplements and OTC Pharmaceuticals. They are currently seeking an experienced QA Inspector to join their growing team. This opportunity is temp to hire, with a schedule of 6am – 2:30pm Mon – Fri, and the pay rate will fall between $16-20/hr depending upon experience.
Principal duties and responsibilities for this position include:
• Monitoring temperature and humidity in production, packaging, warehouse areas
• Perform room clearance checks of compression and encapsulation rooms before scheduled production runs
• Perform cleaning checks of coating and blending rooms before scheduled production runs
• Perform manufacturing checks of raw materials, product blends and capsule shells at set up up as well as throughout manufacturing runs
• Perform manufacturing checks during compression process, and limited to: weight, hardness, thickness, and physical appearance checks
• Perform manufacturing checks during encapsulation process, including but not limited to: weight check, and physical appearance checks
• Perform manufacturing checks during coating process
• Pull test samples for Quality Control Laboratory and log samples into the correct log book
• Perform room clearance after manufacturing and during compression and encapsulation process
• Maintain and process destruction of product forms
• Co-sign unscheduled process stoppage investigation forms on as needed basis
• Have basic familiarity with equipment in department
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written (Report Writing) (Data Analysis)
• Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Experience in pharmaceutical environment preferred
• In-depth knowledge of cGMPs, FDA, USP, CFR requirements OSHA, fire and general safety
• Physical Requirements – ability to bend, twist, reach, climb ladders, lift materials up to 50 lbs., and move drums up to 500 lbs using a pallet jack
• Must have good vision, aided by glasses if Necessary
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Quality training or equivalent continuous improvement experience preferred
Email resumes to KERC415@kellyservices, or call Kerrie at 516-476-7765 between the hours of 8am – 5pm.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs