Ducommun CNC Waterjet Operator 2 Axis - 3rd Shift - copy in Coxsackie, New York
CNC Waterjet Operator 2 Axis -3rd Shift
No Experience Needed! Training Provided! We are growing and looking for motivated individuals to learn our business and grow with us!
Who are we?
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California. Starting as a hardware supply store during the California Gold Rush and eventually assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
Today Ducommun is a global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets. We specialize in electronic and structural systems, producing complex products and components for commercial aircraft platforms, mission-critical military and space programs, and sophisticated industrial applications.
Our Facility in Coxsackie, NY manufactures large, complex contoured structural components and assemblies for aerospace and other applications. Our integrated processes include stretch-forming, thermal-forming, chemical processing, precision fabrication, machining, finishing processes, and integration of components into subassemblies.
Why Ducommun?· Excellent company culture – as recognized by Newsweek’s Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
· Opportunity for career growth
· Great benefits including paid vacation and sick time, 401K match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, annual bonus plan, and tuition reimbursementJob Summary
Operates 2 axis computer-numerical control (CNC) machine to cut and fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
· Studies blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
· Measures sheet size of material; compares material identification number on work order to material markings and to material computer nest to ensure the proper material is being cut.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance cutting.
· Confers with Level II operator regarding necessary adjustments.
· Monitors cutting factors such as speed and feed.
· Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
· Learns to perform basic machine setups.
· Performs accurate reporting of labor.
· Familiar with basic machine maintenance and pre-operations inspections.
· Drills and reams holes.
· Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
· Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
· Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.Physical Demands & Work Conditions
· Working conditions are: 100% manuf acturing environment.
· Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
· Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and airborne particles.
· Hearing protection is required.
· Noise level is usually loud.
· Ability to wear personal protective equipment as required by safety standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to read blueprints and mylars.
· Ability to use precision measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, indicators, and scales.
· Ability to operate a forklift.
· Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
· Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.· Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
· Basic Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions and
simple software programs with assistance· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. · Must be able to communicate effectively. · Frequently required to walk; use hands handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. · Annual baseline hearing test is required. · Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance.
Required Skills & Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent required.· 6 to 12 months’ Manufacturing or Warehouse experience is preferred.
· Strong mechanical aptitude required.
· Basic math skills required – decimals, percentages, fractions; geometry and trigonometry preferred.
· Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions, software programs and internal ERP systems.
This is a generic job posting for a CNC Waterjet Operator 2-Axis. Depending on the candidate’s skills, qualifications and experience, they will be hired into an entry (I) level, intermediate (II) level or expert (III) level job and pay scale.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
171 Stacey Road
Coxsackie, New York, 12051