Cornell Cooperative Extension CVAC Program Coordinator - Elmira, NY in Elmira, New York
This position will serve as the Chemung Volunteer Action Corps (CVAC) Program Coordinator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Chemung County and will provide program coordination and support to Community Health and Wellness Programs of CCE Chemung Programs, including but not limited to the East Side Farmers Market and programs of the Chemung Volunteer Action Corps (CVAC). This position will organize and coordinate volunteer activities in accordance with CCE’s Volunteer Involvement Policy and Procedures. Provide volunteer training for programs as assigned. This position will work as a team member in support of CCE program issues and activities. This position will provide support and guidance for volunteers, to include volunteer recruitment, orientation and on-going support and follow-up to ensure initial and continued success.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must apply online by close of day on May 5, 2021 to be considered for this position. All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Ethel Stroman, Human Resources Manager at 607-734-4453 with questions.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position - 35 hours per week. This position, based on eligibility, offers a comprehensive benefit package, to include: health and dental insurance, retirement, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Education (Associate’s Degree and 2 years transferrable program/functional experience).
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Five (5) years’ experience in health education, community organizing, and/or volunteer management.
- Experience in fundraising, outreach and/or marketing.
- Experience in program coordination/management and/or leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and organize informational educational programs.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in professional team efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and visual means using traditional educational tools and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology (i.e. computers, internet, social media) effectively.
Program Delivery - 5%
- Teach existing educational programs as needed to program volunteers and/or community leaders as defined in the Community Health and Wellness plan of work (i.e. EastSide Farmers Market and CVAC programs).
- Foster acceptance of programming, methods and policies to address community and youth needs and consider diverse audiences.
- Provide educational program efforts via mass media.
- Serve as subject matter resource in assigned programming for staff and participants, providing standard responses.
- Utilize established program resources and materials in providing information and resources to program participants in assigned programs.
- Serve as a team member and cooperate with the entire Association and CVAC program staff to achieve Association program delivery goals.
Direction - 10%
- Provide input to the CVAC Director and Executive Director to assist in planning the delivery of assigned educational program goals.
- Provide input to the CVAC Director and Executive Director to planning the structure of educational program delivery via various delivery methods.
- Provide input to budget development based on established financial guidelines or procedures and assist in allocating established program budget amounts.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of networks of volunteers to extend program implementation efforts to achieve local community ownership.
- Assist with the development of fundraising efforts to maintain/expand programming initiatives.
Management - 10%
- Solve problems and resolve conflicts that arise utilizing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support in guiding the implementation of overall program and communication strategies for programs, including but not limited to the EastSide Farmers Market and assigned CVAC programs.
- Give guidance to staff and volunteers, including those performing similar work when necessary.
- Assist in monitoring activities to ensure that outreach and research educational content support Cornell Cooperative Extension’s education and objectives.
- Assist in the review of financial records and monitoring expenses for programs, working closely with the CVAC Director.
- Monitor volunteer fundraising activities in support of CCE and CVAC programming.
- Recruit and provide guidance to volunteers.
Coordination/Operation - 70%
- Assist in maintaining program participation records working closely with the CVAC Director.
- Coordinate, compile and organize existing program resources and program materials.
- Coordinate program correspondence and communications in support of programming efforts.
- Collect evaluation data from program participants based on existing evaluation framework and guidelines.
- Coordinate the EastSide Farmers Market and CVAC Special Program implementation efforts, planning and activities, including fundraisers and/events.
- Train volunteers and provide leadership development opportunities.
- Assist in the coordination of effective marketing strategies in the promotion of programming efforts to include, but not limited to: print media, news media, social media, and multi-media efforts.
- Perform record keeping, data management and program reports as required by the Association and contract requirements.
- Draft standard and non-standard communications, requiring only occasional guidance from Supervisor.
- Assist in implementing a shared Association vision, building understanding around the mission and the advancement of the mission.
- Effectively maintain professional relationships with other agencies, organizations and businesses that promote effective communication and facilitate continued programming efforts.
- This position will require the transport of program materials and resources in performing position responsibilities.
Professional Improvement - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Chemung County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Association Program Coordinator II
Pay Rate Type:
Number of Openings:
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Notice to Applicants: Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time