Arcadis USInc Principal Electrical Engineer in Fairport, New York
Arcadis is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide engineering support and serve as a Transmission/Distribution Project Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with engineering experience to join our Electrical Engineering team and manage distribution, transmission and substation design projects for commercial and municipal utility clients. With the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff, you will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge of power distribution emergency power, transmission, substation, protection and control to support our clients.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly with clients to determine their needs and providing engineering solutions
- Leading the project planning process including initiation, design, engineering, material procurement, construction, commissioning, and close out
- Managing project implementation including project schedule, project budget and the project resources including external vendors and contractors
- Metrics tracking, associated reporting to stakeholders, and compliance with regulatory, corporate and department procedures during all the phases of the project
- Maintaining Arcadis' standards and specifications for electrical projects
- Meeting established budgets and delivery schedules for each assignment; for project/task scope, schedule, and budget
- Coordinates execution of projects with other disciplines and the Project/Program Manager
- Creating and managing cost estimates and project schedules; completing design tasks within budget and on schedule
- Providing additional support for construction, commissioning and start-up projects as needed #LI-JC1
- 20 years of experience
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer License
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27, 000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world's most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity