Posillico Civil, Inc. Environmental Engineer in Farmingdale, New York
Posillico is Building for Generations.
Posillico is a multi-disciplined and diversified construction company. Along with our Civil /foundation group, Posillico’s business units include Wastewater Division, Environmental Division, Utilities Division, Drilling Division, Paving Division, Posillico Consulting LLC, Posillico Developmental LLC, and Posillico Materials, LLC. These companies give Posillico the unequalled, leveraged experience required to complete complex structural and geotechnical projects successfully in the Tri-State area.
Posillico empowers a “people first, think safety” culture throughout our organization. This “people first” culture has helped to promote and maintain an excellent record of accomplishment. Posillico has an exceptional safety program coupled with proactive employees throughout its management and union staff. We offer all employees an excellent opportunity to be part of our developing business at Posillico, as we set the standards for excellence in the construction industry with our integrated solutions.
Our company mission is to complete all our projects safely, on time, on target and on budget while having a positive impact in the community.
Follow us at… Facebook Instagram LinkedIn
The Environmental Engineer of Engineering Services is an integral part of a fast-paced department working on development projects of new material processing facilities and new real estate developments through affiliate companies. Engineering Services supports all aspects of Posillico facilities including obtaining town and environmental permits and ensuring all compliance aspects of these permits are performed. This position will assist senior management in project management of facility developments, review of import and export material from sites to our facilities, implementation and management of waste handling plans for various projects, and compliance of industrial material facilities. Strong opportunity for upward mobility and rapid growth within the various divisions of the company.
Immediate responsibilities will include:
Main responsibilities will be to assist Environmental Services Team with various environmental data review, compliance and permitting projects.
• Environmental Data Review:
Posillico manages facilities in NY and NJ that accept soil for recycling or disposal.o The main project role is to help with the reviews and approvals for incoming soil applications for facilities in NJ and NY. o Applicant should have a strong understanding and experience with the following: NYSDEC and NJDEP soil cleanup objectives Environmental data and comparing to regulatory limits Environmental field sampling to help in review process
• Permitting and Compliance Assistance:All of the facilities have State environmental permits. Applicant should have an understanding with compliance and permitting with the following: o NYSDEC Part 360 Solid Waste o NYSDEC SPDES o NYSDEC Air Permitting o SCDHS Article 12 and Article 18 tank regulations o NCHD tank program o SCDPW permitting o NJDEP solid waste, NJPDES, air (a plus) o SEQRA permitting
• Environmental sampling and review of associated laboratory deliverables to make recommendations based on sampling results
• Review Phase I/II to provide risk-based guidance to stakeholders
• Due diligence experience (Phase I/II)
• Assist with Posillico Facility Compliance program, including site inspections and the ability to convey observations in a report format and verbally to facility managers.
• Ability to draft technical reports based on the review of environmental field data and laboratory sample results
• Performs construction inspections for internal projects
Supplemental responsibilities may include:
• Perform additional assignments as required per supervisor’s direction.
• Preparation of CAD drawings for permit submissions (a plus)
• B.S. Degree in Environmental Engineering with 2-4 years of related experience. Civil & Chemical engineering may be considered with related experience. Master of Engineering degree may be substituted for 1 year of related experience
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) computer experience required
• Experience in Heavy Construction and Development a plus
• Solid waste NYSDEC experience a plus
• NYSDEC, NJDEP, SCDHS, NCHD permitting work a plus
• Due Diligence work (Phase I/II) preferred
• Experience using AutoCAD is preferred
• Must be capable of meeting deadlines, self-motivated, detail oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills and have excellent follow through capability
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills
• Must have ability to travel to and from frequent facility site visits
• Verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position
• Ability to performed effectively in a fast paced environment; able to accurately process written documents, perform duties in a timely manner, be highly organized and able to interface; communicate effectively with company, clients and field personnel at all levels
Requisition ID: 2021-1029
External Company Name: Posillico Civil, Inc.
External Company URL: www.posillicoinc.com
Street: 1750 New Highway