The Child Center of NY Assistant Program Director in Flushing, New York
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of program and designated staff members. The Assistant Program Director works with other programs to ensure coordination, communication and the integration of program services. The Assistant Program Director assists with the day-to-day oversight of monitoring budget, audits and all components of Program compliance.
● Assist in the Development of programs, including establishing and adapting programs as needed, and assure program goals are in alignment with agency mission and needs of clients.
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge in order to consistently evaluate program adaptation and/or expansion in correlation with existing needs.
● Maintain a constant presence throughout the program to ensure quality of service at all time.
● Participates and documents training on a regular basis for all areas/staff when required.
● Coordinate program schedules of staff and recipients. Prepares and submits statistical reports as required.
● Identifies appropriate community contacts/agencies to establish a network for communication, referrals, and working relationships.
● Meet performance expectations/metrics, as defined for the position within the assigned program.
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
Under the leadership of the Program Director, supervises the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Program/Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the agency policies and applicable laws. Solid comprehension of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) where applicable. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, couching, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Associate of Arts Degree or Associate of Sciences Degree, or working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Psychology or related fields.
• 5 years’ working on Youth-based program.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
● Excellent organization and program development skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
● Ability to plan and carry out assignments independently.
● Ability to prioritize, adhere to timelines and multi-task.
● Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Psychology or related field.
● Bilingual in one or more of the following: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali and others, may be required depending on client needs.