K&N's Foods USA, LLC Sanitation Janitorial Specialist in Fulton, New York
NY1356726 2nd shift Sanitation/Janitorial Specialist
K&N Foods in Fulton, NY has an IMMEDIATE need for two Sanitation/Janitorial Specialist for 2nd shift. 3pm-11:30pm. A Sanitation/Janitorial Specialist in this position will be required to perform all janitorial and sanitation duties and responsibilities in a safe, sanitary and efficient manner. Employees working in this area are expected to operate as a member of a team, which includes assisting one another as needed.
Primary Duties Include:
1. Effectively perform sanitation janitorial duties to quality and efficient standards.
2. Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
3. Wash and sanitize all production lines and equipment before, during and or after production runs.
4. Perform inspections of lines preoperations, according to daily preop checklist.
5. Effectively follow and maintain Sanitation Departmental Procedures.
6. Operate all Clean In Place (CIP) systems, including all process verification checklists, CIP solution titrations.
7. Perform all aspects of bulk chemical receiving as needed.
8. Operate steam and high-pressure equipment.
9. Perform final freezer clean-up after production is completed.
10. Perform paint scraping of plant and equipment as directed.
11. Monitor disposal plant and assist in waste disposal as needed.
12. Assist with training of new crew members or specialists in the proper procedures for handling chemicals, proper cleaning techniques, and all safety practices.
13. Complete all appropriate paperwork as directed.
14. Participate in and contribute to training programs, as designated by the Company that are periodically required to enhance job performance, safety, quality and cost.
15. Keep department manager informed of any issues that may affect plant sanitation, employee safety, product quality, and or the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
16. Conduct swab testing on lines that were cleaned daily, post clean up / preoperations.
17. Maintain housekeeping, GMPs and safety in all areas.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Necessary Requirements Include:
1. Qualified to operate a forklift.
2. Ability to interact with other employees in a professional and courteous manner.
3. Ability to fully complete written and verbal assignments with minimal direction.
4. Good communication (verbal and written) and reading skills.
5. Effective problem-solving ability, including recommending and taking corrective action.
6. Exposure to noise, cleaning agents, dust, extreme temperatures and humidity, for extended periods of time.
7. Ability to lift moderate to heavy objects and climb stairs and elevated platforms.
8. Proven ability to maintain Sanitation Master Cleaning Schedule (MCS).
9. Ability to mix chemical solutions involved with cleaning duties.
10. Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
High School Diploma or GED required
Pay rate $14.00 per hour
TO APPLY: Email resume to gladys.roarke@KandNs.us
Complete a paper application at Oswego County Workforce NY, 200 North 2nd St, Fulton, NY