AMETEK, Inc. Inspector in Garden City, New York
Functional Area:Quality Assurance
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - New York - Garden City
Division:AHV - Thermal Management
Education Required:Not Indicated
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $4.5 billion. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
AMETEK Hughes-Treitler (HT) is the industry leader in high-performance, plate-fin, Aluminum/Inconel heat exchangers for Military and Commercial Engine, Rotary, Airframe, and similar applications. HT specializes in custom build-to-specification applications where thermal performance, weight, structural and reliability are key considerations. HT provides Engine Surface Coolers, Fuel-Cooled Oil Coolers, Air-Cooled Oil Coolers, high temperature Buffer/Pre-Coolers, and bundled Heat Exchanger/Fan/Blower/Duct systems for the most challenging applications/requirements.
We are currently looking for a Quality Inspector with Aerospace experience.
Responsible for inspection of first production articles, in-process and final products using open set-up, CMM and inspection methods and techniques in accordance with drawing requirements and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Read and interpret aerospace engineering drawings using geometric dimensioning and tolerances including and understanding of maximum material conditions
• Inspect detail parts and assemblies per drawing requirement and specs using standard measuring equipment
• Perform layout of castings and assemblies per drawing requirements
• Prepare and maintain inspection reports
• Program and/or operate Coordinate Measuring machine
• Perform hardness testing
• Perform small hand tool calibration
• Collect and tabulate data for SPC use
• Generate First Article Reports per AS9102
• Other duties as directed by the management
Education and/or Experience
• High school graduate
• 3-5 Years mechanical inspection, aerospace experience
• Post high school education in math, engineering, inspection techniques or related fields a plus
• Must be literate and fluent in English
Other Skills and Abilities
• Basic computer knowledge including MS Excel and Word
• Interpret drawing requirements/specs and geometric dimensions and tolerances
• Familiar with MIL, NAS, MS, AMS, AWS and AS specifications and standards
• PCDMIS programming skills
• Familiar with special process specifications for heat treat, welding, and non-destructive testing
• Vernier calipers
• Height Gauges
• CMM machines
• Other standard measuring tools/instruments
Due to ITAR Restrictions, an export license may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.