Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS) Speech-Language Pathologist in Harris, New York
Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
601 licensed inpatient beds
Ambulatory surgery services
Skilled nursing unit
Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
Orthopedic services including joint replacements
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Outpatient diagnostic imaging
Primary, Specialty, and Urgent care practices
Adult day care
Mental health and chemical dependency programs
Sleep Center Services
Outpatient infusion services
Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
Rape intervention and support services
Community screenings and support groups
A certified professional Speech-Language Pathologist who is responsible for assessing speech-language therapy needs, for performing patient assessments and reassessments, for performing treatment procedures on patients as ordered, and for revising the patient’s therapeutic plan of care as needed.
Minimum Education: Master’s graduate from an accredited speech-language pathology program.
Minimum Experience: N/A
• Licensed and registered in New York State with one year experience preferred or possession of a New York State limited permit and Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) eligible for NYS licensure.
• Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from American Speech-Hearing Association preferred but not required.
• A speech language pathologist practicing under a limited permit will have 24 months from the date of issuance of the limited permit to complete their CFY and successfully pass the New York State licensing examination.
Physical Requirements: Position will primarily be medium work requiring lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires physical capacity to transport bulky equipment safely, and consistently practice proper body mechanics. Will require bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, stooping, kneeling, and reaching. Requires 20% sitting and 80% standing. Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken and written word is required. Work week days vary with department requirements.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards. May have occasional exposure to blood, body substances, infectious materials, chemical hazards, vibration, radiation, slippery surfaces, or noise that may result from performance of duties.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.
External Company URL: https://garnethealth.org/
Street: 68 Harris Bushville Road