Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director in Herkimer, New York
Do you love people and working with the community? The Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce is looking for an energetic and professional candidate to lead their team.
Purpose: The Executive Director is the chief administrative officer ultimately responsible for the successful and efficient operations and management of the Chamber. The Executive Director will:
* Lead an association of business people advocating Herkimer County as a great place to do business and visit in order to advance overall economic vitality.
* Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with members, government leaders, business and cultural institution leaders, and the local, regional and state tourism industry. * Serve as the spokesperson for the Chamber with key local, regional and state governmental officials, leaders/influencers and the media. * Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and communications assets (newsletter, website, e-blasts, member communications, tourism pieces, etc.). * Oversee all financial, administrative, operating and marketing functions of the Chamber including development of annual budget, and adherence and carry out the policies and by laws established by the board. * Oversight of Chamber staff including performing annual evaluations and working with the acting board chair should corrective action be necessary. * Report monthly financial statements for board meetings * Develop and implement a strategic plan that includes retention of current members and recruitment of new members.
* Identify new programs/services that will meet the needs of members. Actively participate in relevant area events/activities to promote the Chamber and its membership.
Primary responsibilities related to the following groups include, but is not limited to:
Board of Directors: - Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and its committees on policy making and overall strategy for the organization; ensure Chamber policies, procedures and by laws are followed. - Work with the board on onboarding new Board members. - Ensure the board receives relevant and timely communications to enable them to operate at maximum effectiveness/efficiency and make decisions aligned with the strategic plan and the vision of the Chamber. - Communicate to the board challenges, trends, resources and other developments that could impact membership levels. - Recommend new programs/services and initiatives the Chamber should consider in order to meet member needs and actively participate in the vision for the community, county and region. - Provide written monthly directors report.
- Oversee member relations/recruitment activities, the implementation of current/new programs and on-going evaluations of all programs for efficiency and effectiveness in order to meet the needs of current/future members in an efficient and effective manner.
- Planning and implementation related to member/stakeholder events and activities including soliciting and securing sponsors and donors, coordinating volunteers and vendors, executing media and press coverage and interviews, etc. - Engage in direct member contact to gain insights on needs and challenges; inform members about relevant issues that have the potential to impact their business and/or customers. - Communicate member interests to relevant local, state and federal entities. Work in conjunction with county and state government to promote Herkimer County. - Participate in county-driven initiatives and committees related to economic development and quality of life to represent the interests of Chamber members and promote travel and tourism in Herkimer County.
Cross-functional Financial/General Responsibilities Shared with the Office Manager when necessary: - All duties associated with running the Chamber office in the Office Managers absence.
To apply for this position, please reach out to Steve Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.