Southco Inc Materials Supervisor in Honeoye Falls, New York
Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
Southco is looking for a Materials Supervisor to join our team.
The Material Supervisor will contribute to the success of Southco by managing the Material Associates responsible for receiving, shipping, material handling and cycle counting. You will lead or participate in ad-hoc projects requested by management. Regular attendance and Punctuality are essential functions of the job.
What are you responsible for in this role?
• Ensure compliance to Southco’s quality and environmental systems and regulatory requirements associated with the shipping and receiving of materials, components and finished product..
• Monitor performance and drive continuous improvement in the shipping, receiving and materials management processes to improve customer service and internal efficiencies.
• Primary liaison with external sources, such as carriers and storage facilities, in setting expectations, monitoring conformance to requirements and driving corrective/preventive action as necessary.
• Support and actively participate in the Material Associates’ training and development.
• Responsible for the interpretation of production measurement tools such as work order on time and past due job backlog, etc.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
What skills you bring to the table:
• High School Diploma, two year Degree Preferred
• Three to five years supervisory experience in Shipping/Receiving, Production Control or Purchasing.
• Knowledge of MRP systems and inventory control concepts.
• Quality conscious and able to understand the quality system
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand the technical aspect of production processes.
• Excellent knowledge of the Business system in regards to shipping and production control.
• Good computer skills.
• Able to work as a team member.
Why do you want to work here?
Great people, Great Culture
Generous benefits including:
$500 Sign on Bonus
Health Savings Account
Dental and Vision Benefits
Generous time off
401K Plan plus match
Employee Stock Options
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.