Jabil Inc Machine Operator 2nd shift in Horseheads, New York
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world its our reason for being and the guiding force thats driving us to become themost technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet.Whether were serving one of the worlds biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
MACHINE OPERATOR 1
- Setup and operate manufacturing equipment in assigned area
- Type of operation can be but not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching, assembly etc.
- Type of equipment can be but not limited to CNC or manual lathe, mills, grinders, finishing, and packaging equipment etc.
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, PH meters, conductivity meters, etc.
- Completion of documentation as required by the process, inspection sheets and work instructions
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- follow appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or others
- follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
- participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
- learn and understand lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.)
- must be able to engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment
- learn and retain process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements
- work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements
- to work extra hours when required by business needs
- demonstrate consistency in results
- follow process sheets, perform first piece inspections and in process quality checks
- Train other employees up to your competency level
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills
- General math skills
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred
- work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals
- work on feet 100% of time
- lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity