Whitsons Culinary Group Temporary Warehouse Manager - Bohemia in Islandia, New York
This position has direct responsibility to ensure that all work activities under its span of control are performed with attention to the highest standards of food quality, safe processes, compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process improvement. The position works in extreme temperatures throughout the day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Check all food products before they are loaded into the delivery vehicles.
- Use a single style packing/shipping ticket form to assist the process of checking all delivery vehicles before they leave.
- All packed products must be placed in the correct pre-designated location within the refrigerator and or freezer to ensure the proper shipment of product.
- All routes must be pre-packed and arranged by routes and placed in the shipping refrigerator/freezer. All items must be labeled with contents and delivery destination. All packed items must be arranged in shipping refrigerator prior to the day of delivery.
- All Daily Food Reports must be returned each day to the shipping manager signed, dated, meal count, and with receiving temperatures noted on it.
- Must review on a daily bases all X3 shipments and complete the validation
- Must maintain all inventories in X3 using FIFO rules, must maintain lot integrate
- Do weekly inventories on products and maintain records in X3. Once each month each item must be counted in X3
- Must conduct in service training on GMPs and document all results to operations manager. Also must do bi-weekly safety training.
- Oversees all day and night operations, to picking of orders for kitchen and assembly rooms. Also oversees fulfillment operations, by having manager report to him.
- Must do payroll on a daily bases in ADI, and is responsible for any budget overruns, which must be reported to the operations manager.
- Review all sales orders and shipping tickets for all customers in the same day
- Schedule driver on a weekly bases with their route operations.
- Manage Gas Card usage thoroughly. Every month review all reports and discuss any discrepancies with the appropriate driver! Do not tolerate any discrepancies! No exceptions!
- Enforce daily driver logs vehicle sign out sheet. Keep accurate records of who is driving what vehicle.
- Manage EZpass operations.
- The work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- The work is performed secondarily in a manufacturing and warehouse environment, specifically the packing and warehousing areas. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Standing portion of the work day is required.
Work requires movement in and out of store rooms, near heavy machinery and freezers
Exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) due to cooking and refrigeration equipment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work and duties that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position, and Whitsons reserves the right to add additional duties or modify existing duties.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High school degree or GED required
- Associate/Bachelors preferred
- HACCP certification
- Food Safety
- Forklift Certification
- Proficient with all computer applications
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems; inventory control
Other Qualifications, Experience:
- 1 year management experience
Effectively write, present and transfer ideas and information for the advancement of individual and company performance.
Act in the best interest of the customer, both internal and external.
Create new ideas, processes or products which when implemented lead to positive effective change.
Apply strategic thinking, prioritization and decision-making to drive results.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required Sit, walk, talk and hear
- Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position sometimes requires extended hours including evenings and/or weekends, travel to multiple work sites and occasional out-of-state travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled