Whitsons Culinary Group Temporary Warehouse Manager in Islandia, New York
The Temporary Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall logistics strategy for inbound and outbound transportation and warehousing of short shelf life, refrigerated food products. This role requires a focus on continuous process improvement, developing & implementing initiatives that bring speed, flexibility, compliance and connectivity to Whitsons' logistics and distribution processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure standard operating procedures are evaluated and maintained to improve productivity, service and costs.
- Manage quality, cost and timeliness of inbound orders from suppliers and outbound fulfillment to customers.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain inventories in Whitsons business management systems following FIFO rules.
- Work closely with multiple internal teams to execute seasonal product flow strategies with regard to planning, tracking, and problem solving.
- Ensure all food products are ticketed properly and placed in the correct location before they are loaded into the delivery vehicles.
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders by initiating corrective actions
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, appraising job results.
- Perform other incidental and/or related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ensures that staged product is accurately pulled for runs planned in all areas. Requires that staged products weights be double checked.
- Ensure that daily kitchen output is weighed by item or recipe and entered into x3 throughout the day as necessary. That output meets the planned volume and if it does not that you communicate with planning to make the necessary adjustments
Education and Certification
- Some college preferred -- experience commensurate accepted.
- HACCP certification preferred.
- Fork Lift certification requred.
Other Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, passion for results and attention to detail.
- Organizational change management experience.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position sometimes requires extended hours including evenings and/or weekends, travel to multiple work sites and occasional out-of-state travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is performed secondarily in a manufacturing and warehouse environment, specifically the packing and warehousing areas. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Standing most of the work day is required.
Work requires movement in and out of store rooms, near heavy machinery and freezers
Exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) due to cooking and refrigeration equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled