Children of America maintenance technician in Jackson Heights, New York
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. COA has 65 locations and expanding every year. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance /Handyman for our NY, and MA Schools.
- *Purpose: *Maintenance personnel ensure the safety of their assigned schools through regular maintenance and repair to the facilities, equipment and vehicles as requested by corporate and school management.
- Perform repair and maintenance on assigned schools ensuring their adherence to government and licensing codes
- Cooperate with school and corporate management to ensure all work is accomplished in a timely manner
- Report any observed needed repairs or maintenance to supervisor
- Attend any meetings as requested
- Assist inthe set up of all new facilities
- Deliver and store supplies from the warehouse
- Purchase maintenance supplies in accordance with set policies and procedures at Children of America
- Be available at all times in cases of emergency and may include weekends and evenings.
- Utilize computerized maintenance logs and email to document completion of jobs and daily activity
- Ensure that all activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Children of America
- Passionate about Children of America's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of Children of America to coworkers, customers and the community
Maintenance personnel perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Facilities Management and other corporate management
Works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Facilities Management
This position may be asked to supervise other maintenance staff at Children of America
Strong work ethic
Accountability for time and expenses
At least two years experience in same or related fields such as drywall, painting, plumbing, HVAC and electric
High school diploma (GED)
Ability to use Outlook and document management software
Job requires travel to each school as assigned
Physical Work Demands
Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
Able to lift and move up to 75 pounds occasionally
Able to climb a ladder and work on roof tops
Mental Work Demands
Regular and on-time attendance
Hours may exceed 40 hours per week
Note:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 20-Oct-2020 to 19-Dec-2020 (EST)
Department: Jackson Heights
Location: Jackson Heights, NY, USA
Pay Rate: 40000
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time