OTG Sous Chef - JFK Airport in Jamaica, New York
Sous Chef - JFK Airport
OTG - John F Kennedy International Airport, Jamaica Queens, NY, JFK Airport, Jamaica, New York, United States of America
Tuesday, August 24, 2021
YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING: Join OTG as a Sous Chef now and drive a new type of hospitality. Explore career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry's best compensation and benefits, including PTO, Healthcare and a competitive 401k match.
WHAT IS OTG? OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
WHY OTG? By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. Our people drive our experiences, so we offer our crewmembers some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
Role and Responsibilities
The Sous-Chef are responsible for organizing and ensuring kitchen systems for food production, presentation, and customer satisfaction. The Sous-Chef supports the rest of the management team in the areas of menu development, supply, quality, cost-control, and the hiring, development and evaluation of hourly Crewmembers in the kitchen.
· Promotes an attitude of pride, cooperation, and success in the unit and with all Crewmembers
· Provides leadership to the Crewmembers and newly hired Crewmembers in the Unit
· Monitor and ensure quality, effective, and efficient kitchen operations
· Responsible for food preparation, ingredient freshness and control, appropriate cooking, presentation and customer satisfaction.
· Ensure food is within proper temperature holding zones by conducting frequent line checks
· Responsible for maintaining OTG, state and local standards of sanitation
· Ensure standards of cleanliness and organization in the kitchen
· Maintain inventory: order, receive and account for all food products and purchases
· Accountable for successful onboarding of new hourly crew members ensuring they have the tools and support necessary to be successful and reduce turnover
· Directs the team toward achieving the Unit's service and financial goal
· Ensures crew is productive and perform all their responsibilities
· Responsible for training, evaluating and managing kitchen staff performance following OTG policies and procedures.
· Ensure cost-effective and efficient staffing and adherence to labor budgets.
· Maintain regular communication with managers and crew
· Keep abreast of changes in food compliance and OTG company standards and practices.
· Able to use the crewmember handbook and CBA to understand OTG policies and procedures. Communicate them with consistency
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Degree from an accredited culinary institution preferred
· Professional culinary training and experience
· Exemplary product knowledge, skill and presentation
· Knowledge of and commitment to food sanitation and kitchen safety
· Train and supervise kitchen crewmembers
· Ability to work as part of the restaurant, crew and management team
· Ability to work flexible shift/ schedule
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Pay Type Salary
- OTG - John F Kennedy International Airport, Jamaica Queens, NY, JFK Airport, Jamaica, New York, United States of America