GlobalFoundries Engineer Planning - Internship Summer 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
GlobalFoundries Malta is seeking to fill a Business Operations Engineer planning position to work in a manufacturing engineering organization. The Business Operations team's scope encompasses short-term and long-term Material and Financial planning & forecasting, Cost program management, Cost benchmarking, Capital Expense planning, Efficiency improvements and Spend Analytics.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
- Successful candidates will have strong sense of ownership, sense of urgency, good business acumen, technical skills, be comfortable leading improvement projects. Be willing to embrace working in a diverse manufacturing environment.
- They will work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong team skills with engineers, managers, technicians, and the site leadership team
**Material and Financial Forecasting & Planning:**
- General understanding of materials (chemicals, specialty and bulk gases, slurry, photochemical, etc.) and maintenance parts (consumables, spares, etc.) for assigned Engineering Module(s)
- Preparing monthly Materials and Maintenance forecasts for the assigned Engineering Module(s), and a comprehensive annual bottoms-up financial budget with monthly adjustments to outlook
- Manage material forecast and supply from Operations with Procurement and Supply chain
- Measure forecast accuracy and have continuous improvement plans to reduce error
**Cost Program Management:**
- Project manager for Engineering modules to effectively drive achievement of the Fab cost goals
- Follow and implement lean manufacturing practices to improve productivity and cost of ownership
- Strong analytical capabilities to develop KPIs, insightful reports and data analysis
- Prepare and deliver regular financial reports for internal and external customers
**Ensuring supply continuity:**
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors requesting quotes for one-time and recurring purchases, identify best known methods and implement in line with our standards
- Manage purchase requests from the Fab to support Equipment performance commitments to deliver on customer products
- Willingness to respond to critical manufacturing and operational needs off-hours to support Fab operations
**Capital Process Management:**
- Coordinate between several stakeholders within the company to successfully handle and execute Capital Equipment purchasing projects for assigned Engineering Module(s)
- Support Fab8's efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and maintaining a collaborative culture
- Lead cross functional projects to elevate the Business outcome, team's skills and performance, manage conflict constructively
- Effectively communicate with a strong synthesis to influence peers, management, internal customers and vendors as needed in a positive and ethical fashion
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- B.S Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Materials/Chemical/Industrial Engineering or Business Study/Management/Marketing/Economics with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Must have high degree of social, intercultural, and analytical competency
- Acquire basic understanding of Semiconductor Operations
- Must be proficient in data analysis and statistical tools in MS Excel or similar analytical tool
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products - Word, Power point
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset, demonstrate the ability to identify, eliminate waste and develop effective business processes, work procedures and instructions
- Must be able to derive strong synthesis and make recommendations to effectively communicate
- Must demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems timely and effectively using Structured Problem-Solving tools, while managing time effectively to react to shifting business priorities
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to influence effectively to deliver business results
- Flexibility with minor business travel required
- BS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Materials/Chemical/Industrial Engineering and pursuing a MS in Engineering, or Business degree
- Strong proficiency in data analysis and statistical tools - JMP, PowerBI, etc.
- Good understanding of programming/ scripting languages such as Python
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.