GlobalFoundries Lithography Scanner Equipment Engineer in Malta, New York
Position Title: Lithography Scanner Equipment Engineer
Work Area: Manufacturing
Location : Malta, NY
Summary of Role :
FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Equipment Engineer to be a part of a manufacturing engineering team engaged in advanced technology at GLOBAL
FOUNDRIES state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab8) in Malta, New York. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with the equipment vendors and process owners to start up and sustain leading edge scanner equipment performance in quality and execution in order to meet the technology roadmap and device performance requirements for technologies in manufacturing.
Specific Responsibilities include:
In your role you are responsible for the following. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Startup, qualification, and sustaining activity of leading edge Photolithography Scanners as the Scanner Tool Owner to support the 14nm and 7nm technology requirements.
- Support the process; planning and quality organizations to ensure the equipment meet the cost, quality and reliability metrics
- Support technology insertion and improve equipment robustness by providing technical solutions for equipment related yield problems
- Work closely with shift teams to provide direction and training for engineers and technicians (maintenance schedule and execution, equipment qualification and documentation)
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and follow lean manufacturing practices to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab8's efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- AS technical degree with 2 years of experience or BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Computer Science or other relevant engineering physical science discipline with 0-2 years of experience
- Familiar with maintenance concepts, equipment engineering and utilities.
- Strong equipment troubleshooting and hands-on background.
- Experience in applying lean techniques in a manufacturing environment, Lean Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a matrixed global environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Lithography tools and process will be a plus.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.