GlobalFoundries Logistics Technician - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Logistics technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. Technician positions are hourly shift positions primarily working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GlobalFoundries is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
- Adhere to established EHS standards and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to promote and improve a safe work environment.
- Perform manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspection, warehousing, stores, equipment, supplies and mail.
- Prepare documentation and enter data into logistics systems including Warehouse Management System software.
- Handle high value equipment, materials, and hazardous materials in an industrial environment
- Count, weigh and measure incoming or outgoing materials to compare identifying information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records of data.
- Examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with shipper to rectify; complete paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Determine method of shipment optimizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Prepare materials for shipping by weighing, packaging, labeling, and preparing necessary shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, and commercial invoices.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of material with service providers.
- Ensure documentation is compliant in collaboration with logistics and trade specialist.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Fill orders and issue materials, tools, and supplies per requests; document transactions appropriately.
- Physically load and unload transported equipment.
- Order, purchase and recommend additions or deletions to standard stock items within established procedures and limits.
- Perform cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Utilize computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Perform daily inspections of material handling equipment.
- Perform within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area and support and participate on the Emergency Response team
- Prioritize work assignments based upon service commitment to customers and business need.
- May be required to work in a cleanroom environment. Comfortable wearing a cleanroom suit during shift.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands -
- Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
- Able to perform activities that include bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching.
- 2 years direct experience working in semiconductor manufacturing or in semiconductor tool/equipment/facilities maintenance
- Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification.
- Current CDL operator's license and current DOT qualifications.
- Ability to operate automated or computerized systems and MS office software
- Sufficient written communication skills to communicate with co-workers and maintain accurate and complete records and daily logs
- Ability to use machinery for packing, wrapping, and crating materials.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, manuals and operations specifications.
- Basic knowledge of import-export regulations
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team.
- Certain functions require a Class B CDL with air brake and hazmat endorsements. For those positions you will need to:
- Maintain current Class B Commercial Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Prepare DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Complete daily equipment inspection and maintain trucks.
- Follow guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Possess hazmat and airbrake endorsement.
- Responsible for loading/unloading product for delivery.
- Maintains safe working conditions.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.