GlobalFoundries Manufacturing Operations Engineer - Summer Internship 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a bachelor of science candidate intern to be a part of our Manufacturing Operations team. In this internship, you will learn to manage day to day operations in a highly automated Wafer Fab facility. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing support across all shifts. This internship has the potential for full-time employment post-graduation.
• Take part in module learnings
• Data acquisition and manipulation (Excel, SQL)
• Learn and improve the flow of material through the fab
• Manage multiple projects at once
• Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
• Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
• Strong team member, able to work well with a global team
• Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, and programs
• Enrolled in a 4-year bachelor of science degree program with at least the first three years of the degree nearly completed
• Basic understanding of computer programming (C, JAVA, Python, etc.)
• Strong academic standing
• Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
• Able to sit for an extended period of time while accessing computer applications, using multiple computer monitors.
• Individuals must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint ...)
• Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule and support overtime as needed
• Enrolled in a 4-year engineering degree program
• Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
• Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
• Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
• Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft 365
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.