GlobalFoundries Principal Process Engineer- Diffusion in Malta, New York
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry
providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication
services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With
a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents,
GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that
transform industries and give customers the power to shape their
markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For
more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
**Summary of Role:**
This position is for principal process engineer in Single Wafer
Diffusion (SWD), Advanced Module Engineering (AME) organization at Fab8
in Malta, NY. The individual selected for this position will work
together with other GLOBALFOUNDRIES departments, including equipment,
process integration, device/yield, and manufacturing to deliver the best
quality products with the lowest possible cycle time and cost. The
employee will participate in selective epitaxy process development,
transfer, qualification, optimization, and sustain activities for
advanced technology nodes.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
• work with the equipment, shift, manufacturing, integration, and device
teams to ensure production wafer quality (e.g. achieve the Cp/Cpk
target, eliminate yield systematics and meet the line/wafer yield
target) and on-time delivery.
• work with industrial engineering and equipment teams to ensure on-time
qualification/release of new tools.
• Work with the equipment team to achieve Capex, throughput, and cost
• Design, execute and analyze experiments to screen and optimize module
unit process and equipment for continuous improvement on quality, cycle
time, and cost.
• Work with integration and device groups in the technology development
and the manufacturing teams to plan and execute projects and implement
solutions on schedule.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid
State Physics, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant
• Minimum 5 years of semiconductor experience.
• Experience in EPI, RTP, CVD, ALD, Diffusion is preferred. Selective
epitaxy experience in FinFET will be a strong addition.
• Understanding of SPC, JMP, DOE, SOP, and FMEA.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self
• Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to priorities to meet
the business need
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
• Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated
systems and human interactions.
• Experience in finFET selective EPI development or manufacturing in a
mass production environment.
If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process, please contact us by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to
from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the
successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as
applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace
and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its
business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business
necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people.
Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective
and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including
recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation,
benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and
implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital
status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national
origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or
any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or