GlobalFoundries Process Engineer - ETCH - Summer Internship 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
In your role as Process Engineer Intern you will be working with an assigned Process Engineer to:
- Reduce variability in the process recovery procedures
- Increase the ability to detect problems earlier, enhancement in LOD
- Reduce cost of chemicals and or qualification wafers
- Standardize processes across like equipment
- Enhance process performance measurement techniques
- Lead improvement projects and present results
- Collaborate with equipment and maintenance teams including engineers, technicians, managers and production employees in a dynamic environment.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education: Currently enrolled in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or closely related discipline
- Experience demonstrating teamwork, communication skills and task management
- No Travel Required
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands - Must be able to work per semiconductor industry and GlobalFoundries protocol/requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment
- Education: Junior or graduating senior enrolled in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or closely related discipline
- Knowledge of structured problem solving
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.