GlobalFoundries Sr Engineer Process Engineering in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Essential Responsibilities Include:**
- Support semiconductor manufacturing operations. Conduct equipment evaluations with major semiconductor vendors, define initial tooling needs for start-up, develop and optimize unit processes in order to meet the overall technology roadmap and device performance requirements for 14nm technology node and beyond.
- Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques, data driven decision-making and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes.
- Participate in troubleshooting taskforces as needed and help develop solutions that prevent recurrence.
- Support the Integration Team and Quality organization ensure technology meets the qualification and reliability requirements.
- Support the process and technology transfer from customers and other GlobalFoundries fabs to Fab8.
- Support the efforts of the internal technology development team.
- Participate in the evaluation of tool sets and defining best tools for Fab8 ramp-up.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Requires a PhD in Physics, Microelectronics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related engineering or physical science discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Microelectronics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related engineering or physical science discipline plus three (3) years of mass production wafer fab experience in the job offered or a related semiconductor process engineering role.
- Master's degree in Physics, Microelectronics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related engineering or physical science discipline plus two (2) year of mass production wafer fab experience in the job offered or a related semiconductor process engineering role.
- Experience with design of experiment techniques and data analysis such as Design of Experiments, statistical tools, DOE techniques, systematic problem solving skills, lean manufacturing, and six sigma processes. Skills can be gained concurrently or as part of a graduate degree program.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law