GlobalFoundries Test Engineer in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
This position is for a Product & IP Engineer located at GlobalFoundries state of the art 300mm wafer fab in Malta.
The successful candidate will develop data analysis methods to support the validation and qualification of various digital and mixed signal IP. Support the test debug, bring-up and production readiness of test development projects within an Automotive, RF and Photonics product space. Support the Qualification and Ongoing Reliability Monitoring of various Technologies within the Malta Foundry environment.
Support of multiple IP and products in a foundry environment will be required
**Essential Responsibilities Include:**
- Analysis and assessment of new design IP to support the validation of function and performance across process window.
- Analysis and assessment of product test data to support the development of test content and screening methods for products focused on achieving Automotive certification.
- This position will support the ramp of new customer products, internal or 3rd party design IP within a foundry environment.
- The candidate will own and drive Product or IP Test Signals back to responsible design, test or technology teams.
- Drive internal test areas to improve data quality, cost, cycle time, and manufacturing robustness. Provide full engineering support to the test areas.
- Candidates will be expected to work closely with external customer, third party IP providers, internal design, process integration, process modules, failure analysis, product and customer engineering organizations to meet all customer technology requirements, and corporate cost and revenue goals.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Minimum of 6 years of product, test engineering, circuit design experience.
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, electrical test, and the implications of electrical characteristics and performance on yield and product behavior.
- Strong candidates will be expected to have specific expertise in Memory, Logic, Analog or RF product knowledge.
- Strong data analysis skills - specifically SQL Query / JMP / Python / R.
- Knowledge of semiconductor processing and process integration, test chips and test structures for yield limiter determination and improvement, and in-line functional test correlations to product yield.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a global cross functional team environment.
- Experience in digital CMOS or analog circuit or test structure design, characterization, test/debug, yield enhancement and/or product engineering.
- Master's preferred
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law