Cree Process Engineer - Wet Chemical in Marcy, New York
Process Engineer – Wet Chemistry
The primary focus of this position is engineering for wet chemistry process and equipment in Cree’s state of the art, highly automated, SiC Wafer Fab. The engineering team is expected to sustain processes and equipment to provide consistent device performance, yield, and quality, while also partnering with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions. A successful candidate will conceive, and lead efforts focused on improving cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
What can Cree Wolfspeed do for you?
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- Optimize your potential in a high visibility, $1+ billion company, with great opportunities for career development and progression.
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing semiconductor products company.
- Make a difference at a company committed to making the world a better place with its products and to green business practices.
What can you do for Cree Wolfspeed?
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive process, efficiency, and quality improvements
- Establish relationships across various departments to drive cohesive learning and cross functional problem solving.
- Challenge the team to drive best in class performance, yield, and quality
- Present technical data and project updates to peers and management in both casual and formal environment.
- Travel occasionally to various manufacturing sites and vendor sites to learn and share knowledge
- Exhibit strong communication skills to ensure crisp execution on projects with high efficiency and quality.
What you need for success:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a semiconductor environment
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in Fabrication
- Proficient at technical writing and presentations
- Experience with equipment and process characterization for chemical processing such as RCA, SC1, SC2, SPM, and solvents, and working in cross-functional teams to ensure best-in-class integration.
- Drive micro-contamination and defectivity reduction through robust sustaining, and process development, integration, and characterization
- Experienced with 6-sigma, 5S, and automotive quality systems
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent
- Broad semiconductor experience, having worked across multiple process modules
- Computer programming experience with SQL, JMP, MS Access, or similar database and analysis software
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
- Ability to interface with people of different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record of effective problem-solving, good engineering judgment and decision-making
- Ability to lead multiple projects and multitask effectively
- Strong drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have strong sense of urgency
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.